Most, if not all, of the players at this year’s French Open / Roland Garros tournament won’t be leaving Paris empty-handed. This year, the organizers announced a slight increase in the total prize money. Last year, the total money disbursed was €15,575,960. In 2009, the total increased by 3.69 percent to €16,150,460.
Here’s the breakdown of prize money as provided by the Roland Garros website. The amount are in euros. Both male and female tennis players will get equal prize money.
French Open 2009 Prize Money
|Singles||Prize Money (€)||Doubles||Prize Money (€)|
|4th Rnd||68,400||3rd Rnd||21,200|
|3rd Rnd||40,600||2nd Rnd||10,600|
|2nd Rnd||24,500||1st Rnd||7,100|
|Mixed Doubles||Prize Money (€)||Legends||Prize Money (€)|
|WC Singles||Prize Money (€)||WC Doubles||Prize Money (€)|
*WC = wheelchair
- 2009 french open prize money
- first place prize money in american dollars for the wta italian open
- french open tennis prize money breakdown
- french open total prize money 2009
- Roland Garros amount of money