Watch the Videos and Highlights
World number four David Ferrer has officially qualified for the prestigious ATP World Tour Finals 2013 which will be held from November 4 to 11, 2013 at the O2 in London. The 31-year old Spaniard became the fourth player to qualify for the elite eight-man event following Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray.
“I’m very happy to qualify for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals for the fifth time,” said Ferrer. “At the beginning of the year it’s always a goal to make it to London and if you finish in the Top 8 then you know that you’ve had a good season. The O2 is an amazing venue to play at and the great fans help to bring the event alive.”
Ferrer qualified for the event after reaching the China Open quarterfinals last week. In his past four appearances in the event, Ferrer’s best finish was runner-up back in 2007 where he lost to Roger Federer, coincidentally that match took place at Qi Zhong Stadium, the site of the ongoing Shanghai Masters 2013 tournament.
“David has had another fantastic season on the ATP World Tour and he’s hugely deserving of his place at this year’s Barclays ATP World Tour Finals,” said Tournament Director Andre Silva. “He has earned the respect and admiration of fans all over the world through his incredible performances and we look forward to welcoming him back to The O2 in November.”