Watch the Videos and Highlights
Greg Rusedski, a former world number four player, thinks that Serbia’s Novak Djokovic will soon regain the world number one ranking and this will happen some time in 2014.
In an interview with SkySports.com, Rusedski said: “I think Novak wants to win the last Masters 1000 event in Paris and then defend his titles at the O2 Arena [at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals] and at the Australian Open. So, he is laying down a marker on these hard-courts.”
“I think he was psychologically damaged by losing to Rafa in the semi-finals of the French Open and then to Murray at Wimbledon, and then he went through a period of four or five tournaments where he lost big matches.
“But he has back-to-back titles now and is building himself back, and with things starting to roll, don’t be surprised to see him get back to world number one next year,” Rusedski said, referring to Djokovic’s back to back wins at the China Open and Shanghai Masters.
- Djokovic will be number one?
- if djokovic wins wimbledon will he be atp number 1?
- if novak djokovic wins wimbledon 2014 will he be number 1
- novac djokovic road to number 1
- novak will get back to number 1 in rankings if wins wimbledon
- will djokovic be number 1