Watch the Videos and Highlights
World number 11 Simona Halep said that her tennis idol has always been seven-time Grand Slam champion Justine Henin.
The Romanian has had a lustrious junior career where she reached the world number one ranking and won the junior Roland Garros back in 2008. She would have a successful transition to senior tour and her 2013 season was her strongest to date where she won six titles, just second to Serena Williams’ haul of 11 titles.
“I’d love to play against Justine Henin,” the 22-year old said. “We are a similar size and I liked her style because she was playing very aggressively and she moved very well around the court. I’ve tried to take a few things from her and apply them to my game.”
“Henin was my idol, and also Andrei Pavel from my country, Romania. I also like Roger Federer but he’s not my idol!”
- halep versus henin
- simona halep roger federer
- junior career of justine henin
- eugenie bouchard idol henin
- simona halep rumanian idol
- simona halep justine henin
- justine henin the roger federer of womens tennis
- justine henin halep
- justine henin fastest serve
- is federer ivanovics idol?