The prestigious Western & Southern Open takes place this week in Cincinnati, Ohio and tournament spectators may notice a welcome change on the outfit of the ball kids, linesmen, announcers, volunters and executive staff. It is because Wilson Sporting Goods is named the official apparel provider of the 2015 Western & Southern Open, an ATP Masters 1000 and WTA Premier 5 event.
Here the details you should know:
Wilson, the Official Apparel Provider of the Western & Southern Open:
– The apparel of the Open is of the highest quality Wilson makes.
– The pieces are anti-microbial and offer moisture management.
– Designs are meant to pop and add even more energy and vibrancy to the blue courts of the Open.
– The construction has been intentional to offer the greatest amount of mobility and least amount of distraction on court for ball boys, ball girls, linesmen, on-court managers and volunteers. More than 2,000 volunteers will be wearing the attire.
– Andrew Krasny – Emcee for the Open will also be in Wilson attire.
– Midwest Sports is a platinum partner of the Open.
– Midwest will have a 12,000 sq. ft. air-conditioned satellite store located behind Center Court.
– Wilson is the Official Apparel of the Open.
– The Official Apparel worn at the Open will be available for purchase at the Midwest Store on the Open grounds.
– Midwest and Wilson have been strong partners in the tennis industry for more than 25 years.
– Midwest Sports is one of the largest tennis retailers and online tennis shopping destination in the world.
The Cincinnati Masters 2015 Western & Southern Open is an ATP Masters 1000 hardcourt tournament that takes place from August 16 – 23, 2015. This prestigious hardcourt tournament has a total financial commitment of $4,457,065 and is a lucrative stop prior to the US Open Tennis Championships which starts at the end of this month. World number one and four-time finalist Novak Djokovic leads the pack followed by six-time champion Roger Federer. Federer, the winner last year, opted to skip the Rogers Cup in Montreal where he lost the runner-up points from last year. The Swiss star drops to number three this week with Andy Murray reclaiming the number two ranking after a title-run in Montreal.
The Western & Southern Open 2015 Cincinnati is a dual gender event that takes place from August 17 to 23, 2015. The women’s Premier 5 event takes place in Cincinnati, Ohio and has a total financial commitment of $2,701,240. World number one Serena Williams returns as the top seed and will attempt to defend the title. Former champions Victoria Azarenka and Maria Sharapova are in the mix in this prestigious tournament which is part of the US Open Series.